The Programme Manager is the overall manager of both technical and support functions of the NTP. He is an experienced senior public health specialist responsible for developing capacities and providing strategic direction for programme implementation.
Core Functions and Responsibilities:
- Directs and coordinates day to day administration and management of programme in accordance with Ghana Health Service policies to obtained optimum efficient operation and maximizing good results
- Plans the programme and monitoring its overall progress, resolving issues and initiating corrective action as appropriate
- Ensures the establishment and submission of relevant reports on the operations of the programme to the higher authorities and stakeholders
- Develop and maintain a culture that will foster co-operation, commitment, efficiency, accountability and productivity within the NTP at all levels
- Develops and implement systems and methods of effective monitoring and control of activities of the programme
- Builds, manages and motivates programme team members.
The Programme Manager has a Deputy who assists in the performance of the above tasks. The Deputy Programme Manager is also a public health specialist who supports the Programme Manager in day-to-day programme management but directly supervises programme implementation.
Core Functions and Responsibilities
As the Head of Programme Implementation Unit She directly supervises and oversees the implementation of programme interventions across the country
The Deputy Programme Manager links the programme with the national health system through the Deputy Directors of Public Health. She is responsible for coordinating MDR, TPT, HIV implementation in the region