The programme logistics and medicines is managed by a senior Pharmacist with the following core duties:
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure regular supply of TB Drugs and other logistics to all the Regional Medical stores and Teaching Hospitals through proper quantification and monitoring of commodities
- Ensure safe, good quality storage and handling of TB Drugs at all levels of TB Management
- Review stock level of all TB Medicines and commodities and inform the authorities/stakeholders accordingly.
- Liaise with the Procurement Division of Ghana Health Service to procure all commodities i.e. medicines, Laboratory reagents, blended and other logistics needed by the programme
- Build capacity of health workers for proper storage and security of all commodities especially Multi-drug resistant TB medicines
- Provide advice on issues arising on Purchasing, storage and distribution of TB Drugs
- Performs other related activities from time to time that fall within the NTP’s organizational culture.
This unit directly supervises laboratory services and a senior laboratory scientist manages this unit. The laboratory scientist ensures delivery of quality laboratory services to meet international standards